Frequently Asked Questions
Schwingo is a tax solution designed for the 21st century. Download Schwingo on the App Store, answer a few questions, and upload pictures of your tax documents using your mobile device. One of our tax professional will calculate your return, give you a call to review the information on your return, and file your state and federal tax returns.
Schwingo uses experienced tax professionals to prepare and file clients’ tax returns. We combine professional experience with the convenience of a mobile application, and utilize our operating efficiencies to provide affordable services.
Download Schwingo for free on the App Store and select ‘Quote’ in the application menu. Answer a few questions to receive a quote for a professional to file your federal and state tax returns. Our rates start at $79 to file your federal & state tax returns, before applying any applicable discounts. If you are unsure of your answers in the quote, don’t worry! Your quote can be updated later on.
If you don’t know the answer to a question or you’re not sure what a question is asking, then tap the information icon next to the question. If you need additional assistance feel free to contact us.
If you have any documents not requested in the checklist, then select ‘Upload additional document’ at the bottom of the Checklist. We ask a few additional questions during our phone call that may require users to upload documents not listed in the Checklist.
If you don’t have a document requested in the Checklist, then take a picture of anything (blank screen, floor, etc.) to satisfy the document upload requirement. During our phone-call we will need you to provide us with an explanation for the missing document.
A Schwingo representative will call you within 48 hours of completing the Checklist and paying the 10% deposit. We will file your federal & state tax returns within 24 hours of our phone call confirming that you have uploaded all required tax information. Failing to timely upload any required tax information will delay the filing of your return.
Users are required to pay 10% of the quote price upon submitting their information to Schwingo for processing. Users pay the remaining 90% of the quote price if and when they decide to file their taxes using Schwingo.
Schwingo will give you a phone call within 48 hours of submitting your information.
We cannot guarantee exactly when you will receive your tax refund. If you choose to have your refund paid via direct deposit, then you may receive your refund sooner than if you choose to receive a check by mail. Typically, federal tax refunds are paid within 4 – 8 weeks of filing their returns. State tax refunds may take longer to receive than federal refunds. You may contact us to receive the status of your refund.
Schwingo can be downloaded for free on the App Store. You need iOS 8+ to download and use Schwingo. You can update the operating system on your Apple device by following these instructions: Settings –> General –> Software Update –> Download and Install.
Your information is encrypted, stored and protected on secure servers. We work hard to ensure that our system meets or exceeds security industry standards and best practices. We also engage third-parties to periodically test the security of our software infrastructure. We recommend our users add an extra layer of security by having a password on their phone.
You can contact us by phone, email, tweet, or Facebook post.
Yes, we can assist you filing your Form 1040NR nonresident income tax return.
Contact us to request a physical copy of your tax return be mailed to you for your records.
The answers you provide to the various questions within the Schwingo app help us provide you with a Checklist of documents to upload. Some documents may be requested after the confirmation phone call.
Check out more FAQs here.